This exciting new role is open to people with an interest or (ideally) experience of using mental health services and with a connection to Lambeth (ideally resident). They will be given support and training to use their existing skills and interest in improving services to make a meaningful contribution (mainly through meetings) to the Living Well Network Alliance’s development work. There will be a competitive recruitment process including a test and face-to-face interview, and successful applicants will be paid for their time and expenses.
See further information below:
The Lambeth Living Well Network Alliance is a partnership of five organisations, together we oversee and deliver the majority of mental health services for adults in the borough.
We want to ensure that we are involving people being supported by our services, their families and carers, and community members in our decision-making processes.
To support this, we are recruiting for four “Community Commissioners”.
This role offers an opportunity to use your experience of, or interest in, mental health services in Lambeth to play a meaningful role in decision making processes around:
• Use of funding
• Improving service performance
• Design and implementation of new services
And will involve:
• Participating in strategic meetings
• Some work from home to prepare for meetings, with the support of a mentor.
• Support to carry out reviews of our services and help to complete reports.
• A time commitment of one or two days a week
You will have:
• Experience of, or an interest in, Mental Health services
• A connection to Lambeth Benefits are:
• Support and mentoring from an experienced member of staff.
• You will be reimbursed for your time and expenses.
• Experience of decision-making processes in a complex health system
• Access to online training.
If you are interested in this opportunity to play a part in deciding the future of our services and to increase your experience of participating in strategic decision-making processes, please email: