While the Collaborative website is not intended as a directory of services, we recognise that some people may find themselves here seeking support. Listed below are links to local support for people in mental distress as well as to a number of directories and self-help resources.
For anyone needing urgent support
SLaM 24 Hour Mental Health Support Line – 0800 731 2864
- This telephone line is for anyone who needs advice, help and assistance in relation to their mental health or the mental health or someone they are supporting.
- It is available 24 hours a day.
The South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) is the main provider of ‘secondary care’ and more information can be found here.
Solidarity in a Crisis – Freephone 0300 123 1922 or Text 07889 756 087 / 07889 756 083
- This is an out of hours peer support service, co-designed and co-delivered by people with lived experience, including carers, providing support over the phone or in person.
- It is available from:
- Monday to Friday – 6pm to midnight
- Saturday and Sunday – 12 noon to midnight.
- More information on Solidarity in Crisis can be found here.
Evening Sanctuary at Mosaic Clubhouse
- This is a service for people in a crisis where they can talk to staff and peer supporters about how they are feeling and take part in activities, such as exercise classes, art, TV, films or music, make a snack or be signposted to other services.
- To access this service a sanctuary introduction form needs to be completed by your health care professional such as your GP or care coordinator.
- The Evening Sanctuary is open every evening from 6pm – 2am.
More information on the Evening Sanctuary can be found here.
For anyone needing general support
Living Well Network Hub
- The Living Well Network Hub is often called the front door to mental health services because if you’re having a ‘wobbly day’ or you are worried about your mental health and wellbeing, you can contact the Hub and introduce yourself. The Hub have staff from a number of different organisations working together to offer support to people. These organisations include South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Certitude, Thames Reach, Clapham Family Practice, Look Ahead and Lambeth Council.
- The Hub is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- You can call the Hub on 0203 691 5080 or introduce yourself by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hub does lots of work in your local community and has a range of drop-in sessions. You do not need a referral for these and can go to any of the following places at the times listed below and speak to someone:
|Monday||10.30am to 11.30am||We are 336, 336 Brixton Road|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 11:30am|| Mosaic Clubhouse, 65 Effra |
|Wednesday||1.30pm to 2.30pm|| SRA, 45 Knights Hill, |
|Thursday||10:30am to 11:30am|| Clapham Methodist Church, |
386 Clapham Road
Integrated Talking Therapies
- You can self -refer to the Lambeth Talking Therapy. Visit their website to find out more, including a guide to useful resources.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies Service is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT) programme. The service is available to anyone from 18, registered with a Lambeth GP.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies offers support for people experiencing:
- mild to moderate depression
- general anxiety and worry
- panic attacks
- social anxiety
- traumatic memories
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- They also offer help with other problems including anger, eating issues and relationship or sexual difficulties.
Self-help resources and directories
Mosaic Information Booklets
- Mosaic Clubhouse has produced three excellent information booklets that cover wellbeing support and benefits, including Universal Credit, ESA and PIP.
- The information booklets are available here.
- Lambeth and Southwark MIND has a long-standing and excellent directory of local mental organisations that can be accessed via its website or by phone.
- The website can be accessed at https://www.lambethandsouthwarkmind.org.uk
you can speak to someone over the phone from:
- Monday – Thursday, 10am – 5pm
- Phone number 0207 501 9203 and press option 1