Please be aware that because of the current coronavirus crisis services may differ but we suggest you contact them directly
While the Collaborative website is not intended as a directory of services, we recognise that some people may find themselves here seeking support. Listed below are links to local support for people in mental distress as well as to a number of directories and self-help resources.
For anyone needing urgent support
SLaM 24 Hour Mental Health Support Line – 0800 731 2864
- This telephone line is for anyone who needs advice, help and assistance in relation to their mental health or the mental health or someone they are supporting.
- It is available 24 hours a day.
The South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) is the main provider of ‘secondary care’ and more information can be found here.
Solidarity in a Crisis – Freephone 0300 123 1922
- This is an out of hours peer support service, co-designed and co-delivered by people with lived experience, including carers, providing support over the phone or in person.
- It is available from:
- Monday to Friday – 6pm to midnight
- Saturday and Sunday – 12 noon to midnight.
- More information on Solidarity in Crisis can be found here.
Evening Sanctuary at Mosaic Clubhouse
- This is a service for people in a crisis where they can talk to staff and peer supporters about how they are feeling and take part in activities, such as exercise classes, art, TV, films or music, make a snack or be signposted to other services.
- To access this service a sanctuary introduction form needs to be completed by your health care professional such as your GP or care coordinator.
- The Evening Sanctuary is open every evening from 6pm – 12 midnight.
More information on the Evening Sanctuary can be found here.
Papyrus: Provide confidential support and advice to young people struggling with thoughts of suicide, and anyone worried about a young person. Call: 0800 068 41 41 or Text: 07860 039967.
Shout: 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help. Text 85258.
Samaritans: Works to makes sure there is always someone there for anyone who needs someone. If you need emotional support, are struggling to cope or at risk of suicide Samaritans helpline is open 24/7 365 days a year and you can call them on 116 123.
For anyone needing general support
Contact the Single Point of Access (SPA).
- Contact them if you are worried about your mental health or need more support than your GP can provide. Click here for more information.
Integrated Talking Therapies
- You can self -refer to the Lambeth Talking Therapy. Visit their website to find out more, including a guide to useful resources.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies Service is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT) programme. The service is available to anyone from 18, registered with a Lambeth GP.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies offers support for people experiencing:
- mild to moderate depression
- general anxiety and worry
- panic attacks
- social anxiety
- traumatic memories
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- They also offer help with other problems including anger, eating issues and relationship or sexual difficulties.
Self-help resources and directories
Mosaic Information Booklets
- Mosaic Clubhouse has produced four excellent information booklets that cover wellbeing support and benefits, including Universal Credit, ESA and PIP.
- The information booklets are available here.
- Lambeth and Southwark MIND has a long-standing and excellent directory of local mental health organisations that can be accessed via its website or by phone.
- The website can be accessed at https://www.lambethandsouthwarkmind.org.uk
- Or you can speak to someone over the phone from:
- Monday – Thursday, 10am – 5pm
- Phone number 0207 501 9203 and press option 1