Please be aware that because of the current coronavirus crisis services may differ but we suggest you contact them directly
While the Collaborative website is not intended as a directory of services, we recognise that some people may find themselves here seeking support. Listed below are links to local support for people in mental distress as well as to a number of directories and self-help resources.
For anyone needing urgent support
SLaM 24 Hour Mental Health Support Line – 0800 731 2864
- This telephone line is for anyone who needs advice, help and assistance in relation to their mental health or the mental health or someone they are supporting.
- It is available 24 hours a day.
The South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) is the main provider of ‘secondary care’ and more information can be found here.
Solidarity in a Crisis – Freephone 0300 123 1922 or Text 07889 756 087 / 07889 756 083
- This is an out of hours peer support service, co-designed and co-delivered by people with lived experience, including carers, providing support over the phone or in person.
- It is available from:
- Monday to Friday – 6pm to midnight
- Saturday and Sunday – 12 noon to midnight.
- More information on Solidarity in Crisis can be found here.
Evening Sanctuary at Mosaic Clubhouse
- This is a service for people in a crisis where they can talk to staff and peer supporters about how they are feeling and take part in activities, such as exercise classes, art, TV, films or music, make a snack or be signposted to other services.
- To access this service a sanctuary introduction form needs to be completed by your health care professional such as your GP or care coordinator.
- The Evening Sanctuary is open every evening from 6pm – 2am.
More information on the Evening Sanctuary can be found here.
For anyone needing general support
The Former Living Well Network Hub Is Now the Single Point of Access (SPA).
- Contact them if you are worried about your mental health or need more support than your GP can provide. Click here for more information.
Integrated Talking Therapies
- You can self -refer to the Lambeth Talking Therapy. Visit their website to find out more, including a guide to useful resources.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies Service is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT) programme. The service is available to anyone from 18, registered with a Lambeth GP.
- Lambeth Talking Therapies offers support for people experiencing:
- mild to moderate depression
- general anxiety and worry
- panic attacks
- social anxiety
- traumatic memories
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- They also offer help with other problems including anger, eating issues and relationship or sexual difficulties.
Self-help resources and directories
Mosaic Information Booklets
- Mosaic Clubhouse has produced four excellent information booklets that cover wellbeing support and benefits, including Universal Credit, ESA and PIP.
- The information booklets are available here.
- Lambeth and Southwark MIND has a long-standing and excellent directory of local mental organisations that can be accessed via its website or by phone.
- The website can be accessed at https://www.lambethandsouthwarkmind.org.uk
you can speak to someone over the phone from:
- Monday – Thursday, 10am – 5pm
- Phone number 0207 501 9203 and press option 1